BREAKING NEWS

Alicia Keys Convinced Tamron Hall to Go Without Makeup During the 'Today' Show


Alicia Keys
Alicia Keys and Tamron hall     Spreading her message! Alicia Keys' no-makeup movement is spreading even further thanks to the hosts of the Today show on Friday, September 2.



The "Back to Life" singer, 35, once again rocked her bare-faced look on air, inspiring Tamron HallBilly Bush andAl Roker to join her. As all three anchors removed their makeup, Keys exclaimed, "You don't have to. It's not for me, it's for you!"

Hall responded, "I love the message. I love the idea.” Keys, who married Swizz Beatz in July 2010, then helped Hall take the last of her foundation and mascara off with a wipe while telling her, "You look beautiful." Later on, the pair posed for a makeup-free selfie.



For Keys, going without makeup is "really empowering, really freeing," she toldSavannah Guthrie earlier in the broadcast. "We put so many limitations on ourselves…in a lot of ways I'm sick of it. I'm over it, to be honest … It's about being our unique, own selves."


But beauty products still hold a place in her heart. "I love makeup. I love my lipgloss, I love my blush, I love my eyeliner," she clarified. "At the same time, I don't want to feel beholden [to it]."
Her new outlook is having a positive effect on her life, too: "I'm feeling centered. I'm feeling powerful. I'm feeling clear."
Get celeb fashion, beauty tips, and more delivered directly to your inbox. Sign up for the gist366 Weekly newsletter now!







Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 GIST366.com. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates